Quality & Delivery Improvements – 1st tier Injection Moulded & Painted Parts
Provision of skilled senior interim to resolve capacity and quality issues which impacted on deliveries.
Calsonic Kansei, a multinational Automotive Tier 1 company, had capacity issues that were causing customer delivery concerns & incurring special transport charges.
What we did:
- Provided a skilled Engineering Project Manager for an improvement project within the injection moulding facility. Following the success above, we took control of the under performing painting facility within an Automotive Tier 1 supplier installing an interim Paint Plant Manager.
- Worked closely within MP&L department and implemented back to basics approach to product scheduling and monitoring with full BoM review in relation to MP&L. This enabled buffer management with strategic inventory reduction via level scheduling and changeover reduction.
The project benefits:
- Improved process monitoring and capabilities, implemented a self managed team approach.
- Reduced Mould Facility downtime by 60% by employing QCD methodologies and measures.
- Reduced scrap from 40% to 2.4% in four months.
- Reduced overtime costs by shift realignments and improved PPM programs.
- Eradicated Special Transport requirements resulting in £69K per month saving.
- Increased ‘Right First Time’ by 20% in first 6 wks.
- Implemented headcount reduction program achieving budget within 4 months
Back to all case studies