Top level business diagnostics, followed by tactical support for product launch
Together with our JV partners Quantum, Jigsaw supported JLR and their supply chain in the launch of a new sequenced vehicle-specific wiring loom.
JLR, Britain’s largest Auto maker, needed support in the deployment of the new sequencing methodology used by the new wiring loom.
What we did:
We deployed our skills in JIT/JIS, problem solving, programme management and NPD/NPI, as well as best practice usage of packaging standards.
The project consisted of:
- Analysis of ‘current state’ of JLR’s internal departments, their logistics partners and supply chain
- The design of a ‘required state’, based on best practice from leading industries, to ensure a smooth launch of the new sequencing method
- Development, implementation and project management of the gap closure activities
- Project management of the first deployment of the new system into Halewood
The project benefits:
- Provided JLR board full transparency on the state of the project
- Enabled the Board to benchmark their readiness against other OEMs using similar products
- Introduced easy and robust measurement tools to help the plant managers improve their build capabilities
- Introduced improvements to the assessment of supply capacity and capabilities using simple-to use tools
- Delivered a design for Best in Class sequencing centre for future JLR plants
- Smooth launch of first sequenced product from multiple sources into a single plant
Back to all case studies