Presented with a heavyweight challenge, our team made light work of this time-critical project
- Via TML, we were asked to manage the transfer of the entire Heavy Products production facility to a new greenfield site, including designing a new lean takt based manufacturing and assembly facility along with a pull system supply chain.
- The project was further complicated by a delay in the finalisation of the plant specification caused by the market conditions.
- Furthermore, the plant also needed to increase capacity by a factor of 3, integrate new equipment with refurbished, introduce takt based production to a workforce used to batch manufacture and significantly reduce the WIP.
What we did:
- Within the first month, we prepared an extensive, critical path driven project plan including required resources.
How we did it:
- Through our network of suitably qualified interims, we sourced and managed all of the resources not supplied by the client.
- We also managed the integration of the individual projects that made up the overall programme, micro-managing as required to recover any critical slippage.
- We introduced Lean manufacturing to the existing workforce and support services.
- Despite the complexity of the project and the time restraints, the work was completed on time and under budget.
Back to all case studies
Steve’s team provided a flexible solution which was on schedule and above our expectations. The quality of the interim staff and their ability to provide people with just the right skill-set at just the right time was excellent. The service was professional and the team clearly understood the demands of our business. The difference between the old and new plants is outstanding, I’m proud to say we now have the best excavator plant in the world.
John Gill, MD JCB Heavy Products.