Location: Magdeburg-Germany; Skagen, Arhus, Lem – Denmark; Guldsmedshyttan, Lidkoping – Sweden; Kristiansand – Norway.
Services: Business Improvement
With a significant uplift in demand for renewable energy across the globe, Vestas – one of the world’s largest designer, manufacturer, installer, and maintainer of wind turbines – needed to increase its output quickly and effectively without disrupting existing production.
- Covering blade and hub manufacture and generator assembly, the challenge was to deliver the safe launch of a newly designed off-shore turbine and which required process controls to be introduced throughout the value chain;
- The scale of the project required a significant number of engineers and managers to be sourced in only a few days to keep the project on schedule;
- Many of the facilities supported were not statistically stable so the team needed the skills to stabilise the process before ongoing controls could be introduced.
Why Jigsaw Business Group
- A proven track record with a team possessing real industry experience, as such, possessing empathy to support businesses accordingly understanding individual pain points.
- Access to an impressive pool of STEM practitioners across the UK and further afield that are ready to be deployed;
- Unrivalled sector knowledge and technical expertise with an ability to look at things from a fresh perspective to deliver process driven solutions that help businesses to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and streamline business operations;
- A progressive company delivering premium level support services working in strict adherence with robust in-house best practices in accordance with all industry standards.
- Jigsaw Business Group provided quality management support to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the supply chain;
- Using our network of highly skilled professionals Jigsaw Business Group quickly sourced a team who were ready and able to take on the project.
- A 10-fold increase in the manufacturing capacity of wind turbine components together with a safe launch;
- A project delivered to the requested project scope, spanning 20 months and involving 24 team members;
- A project cited as a model of best practice by Vestas;
- Similar work requested by Vestas personnel moving to Siemens, AH-Industries and Pandora.