Our client is an international sustainable energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical energy applications. Our client is breaking boundaries to achieve its ambitions to deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
The client has delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built and is making electric vehicle charging as convenient as petrol refuelling, with a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric.
Due to expansion of the business, they require an experienced Category Buyer to support the Power Anywhere business but also to start looking at category management as well so they can start to develop product and supplier strategies and allow them to start managing economies of scale and supplier capacities. You will have good communication skills, be self-motivated to meet deadlines and able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
Job Title: Category Buyer/Senior buyer
Based at: UK Bucks Office + WFH (hybrid)
Position reports to: Procurement Director
Provide service to the key Stakeholders and acquire goods and services in a cost effective, value added way. Mitigating risks in the supply chain and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute commodity and suppliers’ strategy for selected categories
- Proactive approach to supplier management and process control under collaborative product delivery
- Evaluate market conditions and control risks
- Manage cost and scope creep, working with engineering to build specification and meet client expectations
- Harvest suppliers’ technology to enhance the company’s offering
- Work closely with operational teams, quality, development and supply chain to ensure continuity of supply
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendor partners at all levels to ensure Procurement are a trusted adviser and integral part of the business decision-making process for third party spend
- Working with engineering and Project team to resolve issues, managing client expectations, negotiating compensation events, early warning notices and commercial risk whilst being focused on Project program and deliverables
- Identify and mitigate risks at all stages of the Procurement process from initial enquiry through to program delivery and contract closure
- Purchase in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Negotiating favourable pricing and terms to maximize best sourcing practices
- Support the Purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply risks and problems
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and activities
- Provide analysis on costs and prepare reports and updates as required
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and maintain order schedules.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy and Environmental and Quality Management System (compliant with ISO 9001 and 14001)
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working within a Supply Chain role
- Proven experience of working with electrical or mechanical components
- Proven experience in developing and executing commodity strategies
- Experience in Automotive purchasing or equivalent sector would be a distinct advantage
- Able to work under pressure in project environment
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experienced in Dynamics 365 Purchasing and scheduling modules or similar systems
- Analytical and numerically astute
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve goals.
- Self-driven, focused, results and quality oriented
- Team player, innovative with sound judgement and solutions driven
- Able to approach work with positive energy and integrity
- Effective communication both verbally and in written form
- Computer literate. Must be a proficient user of Microsoft suite of packages including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, where needed.
Company Culture & Values:
The client prides itself in providing a workplace that is friendly, encourages creativity and independence, empowering each team member to work at their best. They are passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working but always find time to ‘let our hair down’. Their office is set in a private estate with lavish open grounds providing a great environment to work in.
They aim to work with Awesome people who align with our values to achieve greater results. Consider the values below and ask how well these resonate with the principles you hold.
|Be Awesome||We aim to delight: ‘great’ is our minimum bar|
|Positively Charged||We are positive people who approach life and every task full of healthy energy|
|Synergy Seekers||We have each other’s back, and appreciate that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts|
|Legacy Creators||We strive to deliver positive change through strong ethics and sustainable choices|
|Straight Up||We are open, honest, direct people who accept responsibility and sweep nothing under the carpet|
|Risk Mitigators||We stack the odds in our favour by taking risks we have the ability to influence|
|Thought Leaders||We have the strength and conviction to create a better path, and to follow gut instincts|
|Solutions Focussed||We embrace problems as opportunities and focus our time and energy on solutions|
- Private Healthcare via BUPA for employee and their partner/children paid fully
- Generous Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company Share scheme
- Group Life Insurance – 4 x base salary paid to beneficiary
- Contributory Pension Scheme – 5% by Employee and 5% by the company
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Program including counselling
- Access to Private GP 24/7 and Nurse
- Probate & Bereavement Counselling
- EV leasing referral fee
- Recruitment Referral Fee
- Bike to Work Scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
They strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. They encourage everyone to respond.
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to: