We are looking for a seasoned Commercial Contracts Lawyer with at least 4+ years PQE to join our team as an EMEIA Legal Counsel. We design, manufacture, and sell a range of sensing and control technology products across the Automotive, HVOR, Clean Energy, Industrial and emerging tech sectors, including vehicle telematics and electrification products. The role would suit someone seeking to gain in-house experience or looking to build their experience in the engineering, technology development and manufacturing sectors.
The primary focus of this role is to provide day to day commercial contract support across a range of technology focused businesses across the region. It will also include advising on a range of legal matters impacting our businesses. You would be part of a small and dynamic team, working together and individually across the region
Main duties include:
- Reviewing, drafting, and advising on a range of commercial contracts for our procurement, engineering, sales and marketing teams: including NDAs, strategic purchasing agreements, product development and/or sales agreements with customers, service level agreements for provision of tech solution product offerings including software, services, analytics, big data and internet of things.
- Assisting with the development of a culture of contracting excellence through proactive engagement with key stakeholders in the business teams and designated centres of excellence (COEs) to help drive continuous improvement of contracting process, quality and turnaround times.
- Providing contract negotiation/red flag training and support to commercial teams, COEs and new starts/others, as required; and
- Supporting other group projects and the global legal
- Law degree from a reputable University and substantive post qualification experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts, ideally in the technology sector. As a guide we are looking for fully qualified lawyers for this role with at least 4 years PQE.
- Ability to provide clear, commercial legal advice, support commercial negotiations and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Substantial experience reviewing, advising and negotiating a range of commercial contracts including product development, service and software agreements.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and strong organisational skills to manage workload and deadlines to achieve desired results and drive engagement with key stakeholders.
- Team player comfortable operating within a small legal team with an international client base and within a global matrix organisation.
- Proficient IT skills including (Microsoft office, word, adobe, power point, teams). Ability to edit and produce own contract drafting.
- Fluent in English language with significant English language legal drafting skills.
- Additional European languages/experience is a plus but not essential.
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- This role can be based in either our office in Antrim (Northern Ireland) or Sofia (Bulgaria). This is a full time, role for a fixed term of 12 months, with the potential for that to be extended or made permanent. Hiring process may be conducted remotely by videocam. Position offers flexibility with a hybrid working culture and expectations to be office based at least 3 out of 5 days in the working week.