Who are we?
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation — ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production – of rapidly-deployable, modern bridging systems in various challenging scenarios. They also provide value-added inspection, repair and maintenance, spares and training services, wherever needed around the world.
What are we doing?
The in-house research and development function enables our client to provide additional engineering solutions across the defence sector, including aeronautical and vehicular equipment.
Main purpose of the job: To read and understand engineering drawings and Weld Sequences to achieve the final component and ensure each component conforms to set Specifications.
- To comply with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identify health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
- To report via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence.
- To set components to achieve the drawing and planning specification.
- To calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and precision instruments.
- To work with written Work Instruction to ensure the final component conforms to the drawing and planning specification.
- To select appropriate tools, equipment and materials in preparation of fitting operation.
- To position and fasten work pieces.
- To measure, examine, and visually inspect components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometers and verniers.
- To input their production tickets on to SAP on completion of their operations.
- To ensure their personal safety and the safety of all other employees is not compromised by their actions and to apply all applicable safety requirements to comply with the regulatory agencies.
- To meet deadlines, be flexible, dependable and time conscious and to work with minimum supervision
- To maintain a clean and orderly work area as required.
- To conduct daily duties in a highly professional manner.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in a Welding or relevant discipline
- Practical welding or fabrication experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience of fabricating a component
- Knowledge of key production processes and procedures
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!