To support the business as a Quality Engineer in Battery Program launches at customer, onsite or supplier locations. This is a critical role to ensure launch success by working with cross functional teams, suppliers, and customers. The person of authority on site in the customer, or Suppliers to take critical quality decision to support the product launches to meet quality, delivery, and timing commitments.
- The Launch Quality Engineer is responsible for the Safe Launch activities at the suppliers, in-house and customer to assure quality during the launch.
- Own the Launch Readiness Audit with regular reviews and follow up sessions. Escalate timeously to ensure the safe launch control plan can be met.
- Work closely with the design, manufacturing, or supplier quality teams to ensure the overall success of the product launch.
- Facilitate cross functional problem-solving activities to resolve customer, supplier or our quality problems.
- Ensure the strict enforcement of the safe launch control plan through audits, assessments and regular reviews with objective evidence.
- Support the cross functional team in FMEA and Control Plan activities to ensure problems and learnings are captured and updated to prevent recurrences.
- Be the subject matter expert contributing to D-FMEA and P-FMEA and Control Plan.
- Act on ‘behalf of the customer’ and ensure ‘no fault forward’ strategy is implemented in build processes.
- Communicate timeously and effectively to the customer, suppliers and our teams on the launch status and support needed to be successful.
- Ensure containment actions are implemented timeously and systematically to prevent quality spills at the customer.
- Lead all quality activities during the safe launch phase for quality concerns, ensure effective containment and root cause analysis using structured problem solving (A3 /8D / Red X , etc).
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum experience of 3 years plus in a quality role within the Automotive Sector working for a Tier-1 or Tier-2.
- Actively involved as a quality engineer doing the job for a program launch for at least 2-3 programs.
- Demonstrate good understanding and use of quality problem solving tools (8D / A3, etc)
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering or Business-related discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience of utilising APQP / PPAP tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience in the use of problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, TS16949 and quality core tools
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Tenacity, resilience and focus, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work at high pace in a multi-project environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
- IT literate (competent user of Siemens Teamcenter, MS products e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time-to-time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.