- Support small Production Engineering Team of:
- Production Supervisor, Setters, Operators, Apprentice/s or Trainees.
- Support key CNC machining and laser cutting type processes:
- 3/4/5 Axis milling machines Bending and Machining by producing operating part programs
- Maintain and develop the company`s production processes and procedures to facilitate efficient manufacture by identifying, sourcing, introducing, and maintaining machine tools/equipment, ancillary items such as fixtures, jigs consumables and building services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of methods, skills and systems that lead to optimum and safe use of machine tool/equipment, ancillary items and building services.
- Comply with the company`s health & safety rules and regulations,
- help ensure compliance by all who enter or work at the company’s premises.
- Liaise with the Production to develop, introduce and maintain safe working practises including proper use of guards and protective equipment through vigilance, preparation of risk assessments, writing of procedure statements and warning notices, staff training.
- Become fully conversant with the capability, capacity and safety features of the company’s plant, machinery equipment.
- Liaise with the Production and others to prepare a schedule of planned maintenance for all machine tools/equipment and ancillary items; ensure that all are properly maintained and initiate prompt appropriate action in the event of any deterioration, misuse, damage, or loss.
- Attend to the commissioning of new and upgraded plant, machinery, equipment and software, including operator/user training.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of methods, skills and systems that lead to optimum and safe use of machine tools/equipment, ancillary item.
- Facilitate efficient manufacture by identifying, sourcing, introducing, and maintaining machine tools and equipment, ancillary items such as fixtures, jigs, consumables.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor to Identify and implement continuous improvements to the production process; this will include time and motion study and the maintenance of production procedures/bills of material.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor to carry out feasibility studies in respect of additional/alternative machine tools and ancillary items; participate with trials with the supplier.
- Liaise with the Drawing office and Production staff to determine best production methods while minimising costs and optimising usage of material, machinery, energy and services.
- Liaise with the Quality Department Team to identify and implement continuous improvement to the quality system this will include research and development of new products.
- Participate in the design and development of jigs, fixtures, tools and factory layout.
- Assist Production/Operations Manager and other Supervisors with technical issues.
- Help motivate staff by praising effort and achievement and setting the highest personal example.
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and training sessions as required
- Organise and participate in the training of staff; act as author and/or Trainer as required.
- Monitor activity and performance, comparing standards and targets as appropriate.
- Pro-active approach to maintaining Health & Safety of all employees.
- Manage and lead by personal example
- Establish and maintain friendly relationships with colleagues and staff.
- Exude a courteous and helpful manner to all.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- As a member of staff, be aware the company is judged by his/her own personal standards of ethics, conduct, performance and presentation, act accordingly.
- The Mentoring and training of both direct and indirect staff associated with the Production Engineering Team and manufacturing processes.
- Production Apprenticeship, or evidence of equivalent appropriate training.
- ONC/HNC in Manufacturing / Mechanical engineering
- Degree in Manufacturing/ Mechanical engineering
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Health & Safety at Work.
- 3/4/5 Axis CNC Machining systems/programming (Fanuc/Mazak or similar)
- Renishaw Probing and SQC Process Controls
- Working knowledge ISO9001 QMS & ISO14001EMS/MOD/Automotive Quality systems or similar,
- Computerised production control. (ERP, Microsoft Suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Sheet Metal fabrication (Trumpf, Bystronic, Metalix, Mazak or similar)
- CAD (Autodesk Inventor including 3D modelling, or similar)
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing and production processes including Lean manufacturing principles.
- Creative with the ability to use modern technology in the production process.
- The ability to perform a muti-task job and adjust priorities as appropriate.
- Possess time management skills. Be able to take initiative to meet deadlines and the ability to prioritise workload with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong passion for product and process excellence.