Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in Stockport UK to be part of the Engineering function of the company. It is a critical role aimed at supporting the company’s manufacturing facility in accordance with the continuous improvement departmental procedures to promote the improvement culture. The role will be focused primarily within the Bridging side of the business with the aim at developing a proactive performance improvement culture to drive consistency of product quality and delivery. This exciting opportunity is a permanent, full time position joining the clients rapidly growing business, and reports to the Manufacturing Engineering manager.
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation of rapidly deployable, modern bridging systems for use in military and disaster relief scenarios and are now a key partner in the MoD’s Boxer mechanized Infantry Vehicle programme.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and implement quality manufacturing improvement programmes across area of responsibility.
- Implement a customer focused, operational improvement culture delivering world class customer service levels.
- Coordinate cross functional team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimizing operating standards and minimizing waste through
- the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles.
- Support and lead structured problem solving and process improvement activities
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets.
- Support project management in cross functional activity required for project execution.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Ideally be educated to Bachelor level or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering discipline, or HND, or an Advanced/Higher apprenticeship in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Technical skill set developed in a complex engineering environment
- Successful track record of Manufacturing excellence
- Experience in a similar role within an industrial or technical environment
- Experience operating in complex organisations
- Planning experience using SAP and ideally trained in SAP
- Experience of structuring BOM’s from drawing to manufacture.
- Hands on approach
- Flexible attitude
- Strong information management and presentation skill set
- Good communication skills, commercial and business awareness
Location: Stockport, England, UK
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!