Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor – Machining in Stockport UK, to lead and supervise the operations team to safely ensure the on-time delivery of finished products at correct quality and cost. To champion continuous improvement in all activities and areas of responsibility. This exciting opportunity is a permanent, full time position joining the clients rapidly growing business, and reports to the Manufacturing manager.
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation of rapidly deployable, modern bridging systems for use in military and disaster relief scenarios and are now a key partner in the MoD’s Boxer mechanized Infantry Vehicle programme.
Primary responsibilities include:
- To manage your team to deliver products on time, to cost and at levels of quality compliant with programme demands.
- To ensure your team operate in accordance with the company’s Health Environmental and Safety policies, lead SHE activities in your area.
- Follow the Quality system and Manufacturing procedures.
- To maintain the competency, capability and capacity of the machining team to ensure delivery of programme requirements.
- To manage, train and coach the Machining team.
- To follow SAP generated production plans and develop plans to maximise labour efficiency.
- To manage local KPI’s, analyze and establish improvement actions in line with business targets.
- Manage consumable items within cost targets.
- Report on team performance to Manufacturing manager
- Recruitment of staff, training and development. Lead all employee relations activities for your area.
- To lead / support problem solving activities as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree / HND in Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Previous Manufacturing Supervisor experience from Aerospace, Automotive or similar mechanical engineering business is essential
- IOSH /NEBOSH certificate desirable
- Current driving license
- Machine shop planning experience
- Production planning and scheduling knowledge
- Leading and implementing production readiness plans
- Machining programme prove out experience
- Resource planning
- Management of risk and risk mitigation
- Project reporting including definition and collation of KPI’s
- Knowledge of SAP
- Computer literacy skills (MS Office)
- Factory maintenance and PM planning
- Knowledge and understanding of MRP
- Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Completion of employee performance reviews
- Excellent organizational skills
- Structured Problem-Solving skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Leadership by example and development of potential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
- Time management skills
- Strong people person, ability to work as part of a team
Location: Stockport, England, UK
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!