Who are we?
Our client is a pioneer in the design and development of Micro Turbine Gensets (MTGs) using high-speed, ultra-reliable and clean burning microturbines together with patented air bearings and heat exchanger technologies, that is transforming distributed power generation.
What are we doing?
To build a world class business. Delivering distributed power generation solutions based on micro-turbine engines, that will fulfil the growing global demand, for localised electricity supply reduce diesel and carbon emissions reward the faith of our Investors, our Customers, and our People
With the right people we can deliver the right solution at the right time. Our people are central to our ability to deliver dependable and reliable power generating solutions that save our customers and partners time and money.
Main purpose of the job:
Currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician to join our dedicated team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative engineering Company and use your skills and extensive knowledge within a supportive, engaging environment.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Assist in design of new systems, equipment, and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones
- Work with design engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Install new equipment, jigs and fixtures making sure you get the highest quality at the best price
- Install tooling for production use
- Tooling and ERGO assessment
- liaise with suppliers and customers
- plan and organise maintenance of production equipment
- identify faults, investigate production problems, and repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- improve current operations wherever possible
- organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time and profits
- keep statistical and traceability records
- keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Deliver manufacturing engineering processes for production
- Key Responsibilities:
- Work instructions
- Operator training
- Tooling Trials
- Line balance
- Fault finding
- New product introduction
- Dry builds
- Design reviews
- Design trials
- Quality issues
- FRACAS meetings
- Manage change control
- Visual management
- Process flows
- Workstation readiness
- Yield data
- CC/SC review
- CCAR meetings
- Production Support
- Software download
- Jigs & Fixtures
- Jib Arm / Lift assists
- Test Equipment
Qualifications & Experience.
- Have a HNC / HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
- Have an understanding of Assembly/Sub Assembly in a technical production environment.
- Have knowledge of design for manufacturability, lean manufacturing techniques, quality system and SPC tools.
- Have hands on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings/specs and manufacturing processes/evaluation.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to excel within this role, please apply
Salary: Competitive Salary
Private Healthcare / Pension / Life Assurance / 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holidays
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!