Our client is an international sustainable energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical energy applications. Our client is breaking boundaries to achieve its ambitions to deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
The client has delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built and is making electric vehicle charging as convenient as petrol refuelling, with a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric.
Due to expansion of the business, they require an experienced Master Scheduler to support the Hubs and Highways business. This is a new position and will require experience to help setting the function up.
Job Title: Master Scheduler
Based at: UK Bucks Office + WFH (hybrid)
Position reports to: Procurement Director
Provide service to the key Stakeholders and coordinate schedules and inventories to ensure efficient and effective operation of the relevant department or facility. Mitigating risks in the supply chain and provide opportunities for continuous improvement. As this is a newly created role, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Master Scheduler to come in and help creating a new function in line with the company’s vision.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for and liaison with sales, logistics, and manufacturing departments.
- Proactive approach to delivering strategy development and process control
- Support the Purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply risks and problems
- Collaborate with these departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Produce metrics for schedules and change activities across the lifecycle of a programme and provide analysis and insights for decision making.
- Identify, analyse and report performance variances to management and working with teams to develop performance recovery plans and incorporating recovery plans where appropriate.
- Periodically compare current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; use judgment to anticipate demand for and to acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Manage a team of expeditors who negotiate with outside supply vendors to ensure accurate and timely delivery of orders.
- Integrate sales orders with master schedule; coordinate availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Maintain master distribution schedule for the assigned facility; revise as needed and alert appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Participate in periodic forecasting meetings with sales, marketing, and other related departments; lead additional planning meetings with sales, production, shipping, purchasing, and customer service staff.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working within a Supply Chain role as a Master Scheduler
- Experienced in Dynamics 365 Purchasing and scheduling modules or similar systems
- Expertise with production planning systems, such as MRP
- Experience in Automotive Material Planning or equivalent sector would be a distinct advantage
- Analytical and numerically astute with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve goals.
- Self-driven, focused, results and quality oriented
- Team player, innovative with sound judgement and solutions driven
- Able to approach work with positive energy and integrity
- Effective communication both verbally and in written form
- Computer literate. Must be a proficient user of Microsoft suite of packages including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, where needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the business and supply chain.
Company Culture & Values:
The client prides itself in providing a workplace that is friendly, encourages creativity and independence, empowering each team member to work at their best. They are passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working but always find time to ‘let our hair down’. Their office is set in a private estate with lavish open grounds providing a great environment to work in.
They aim to work with Awesome people who align with our values to achieve greater results.
- Private Healthcare via BUPA for employee and their partner/children paid fully
- Generous Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company Share scheme
- Group Life Insurance – 4 x base salary paid to beneficiary
- Contributory Pension Scheme – 5% by Employee and 5% by the company
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Program including counselling
- Access to Private GP 24/7 and Nurse
- Probate & Bereavement Counselling
- EV leasing referral fee
- Recruitment Referral Fee
- Bike to Work Scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
They strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. They encourage everyone to respond.
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to: