Who are we?
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation — ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production – of rapidly-deployable, modern bridging systems in various challenging scenarios. They also provide value-added inspection, repair and maintenance, spares and training services, wherever needed around the world.
What are we doing?
The in-house research and development function enables our client to provide additional engineering solutions across the defence sector, including aeronautical and vehicular equipment.
Main purpose of job: The NDT Technician will complete RT, VT & PT tests and inspection of products at various stages of production process, with an emphasis on non-destructive testing.
- Ensuring the product quality of materials that are fabricated on the shop floor in a timely manner
- Review part prints, procedures, and work instructions to complete testing
- Perform Quality Inspections including RT, VT, and PT methods, verifying that parts or materials meet specifications indicated
- Set up and perform non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life or material characteristics
- Coordinate with Quality Manager on all applicable issues
- Document reporting and corrective/preventative actions
- Ensure equipment operates correctly
- Ensures compliance to the process for the Control of Records and Document Control Process
- Interpret radiographs and the retention of records as appropriate
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
Qualifications & Education:
- Qualified in accordance with ISO 9712 for RT/VT/PT minimum (PCN level 2)
- UK driving license
- Exposure of working within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment (ideally on sub assembly components for Aerospace, MOD, Motorsport, Oil & Gas or Nuclear
- Driving continuous improvement/Lean Manufacturing
- NDE experience
- Experience using Quality instruments e.g., weld gauges, micrometers, steel ruler etc.
- Strong experience reading and accurately interpreting drawings/specifications
Aptitudes, attitudes, skills, and abilities:
- Report and procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical & problem-solving skills
- Can develop and execute objectives for themselves and others in line with short- and long-term business goals
- Knowledge of manufacturing software
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!