Our client is one of the global players within the automotive industry. With over 160 years of trading specialising in producing anti-vibration components and encapsulated glass systems. They have a fantastic new opportunity for a Plant Manager at their Czech Republic manufacturing site. Fantastic salary with great potential for growth is just one of the highlights of this position
Provides leadership, direction, and support for the successful operation of the manufacturing facility.
Associate is expected to establish and secure approval of goals and policies for his/her own area of responsibility, consistent with corporate goals and objectives. Actions are reviewed in terms of goals accomplished.
Span of Control
Leads professional, supervisory, and/or management staff of approximately 8 associates.
- Establishes objectives and goals to meet key performance measures.
- Manages the plant in accordance with the Company’s vision, mission, and culture.
- Communicates action plans and direction from corporate functions.
- Provides leadership and direction in the implementation of Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Responds to customer issues.
- Establishes plant budget.
- Manages the labour force and directs processes, along with plant and facilities engineering.
- May lead projects and/or project teams (including assigning work, reviewing progress, and evaluating results), mentor, provide guidance and technical direction to less experienced engineering and technical staff, including the provision of input in performance evaluations, but does not supervise.
- Time management
- Understanding of finance, manufacturing operations, marketing, engineering, quality, customer service and human behaviour.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Minimum: Professional knowledge / skills normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program in Business or Engineering.
Minimum: Knowledge and skills typically acquired through 10-plus years’ experience in Engineering, and Supervisory and Planning functions.
Preferred: Manufacturing experience
- Occasional travel to corporate facility.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the company.
- Written and verbal communication & advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects and research and to engage in persuasive written and verbal interaction with senior- and executive-level management.
- Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
- Business and management acumen extending beyond the associate’s specific job, enabling the associate to proffer valuable insights, recommendations or challenges to policies, procedures and practices extending beyond the immediate scope of the job.
- Broad understanding of automotive manufacturing processes, practices, and challenges.
- Ability to analyse complex financial data and develop optimal recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to apply project planning, implementation, and/or continuous improvement principles to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
- Competent in multi-tasking (i.e. the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives and require innovation, teamwork and planning).
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Motivates through ‘leading by example,’ coaching/mentoring and providing ongoing constructive feedback to subordinate staff; competent in systematically eliciting the best efforts and results from subordinate staff.
- Balances multiple demands from superiors, subordinates, and/or peers in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanour under pressure.
- Initiates new ideas and approaches, challenges prevailing practices and approaches with reasonably sound alternatives.
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!