Location: Žďár nad Sázavou/ Czech Repulic
39,300 € – 46668 € gross annually
960,000 sk – 1,140,000 sk gross annually
- Program Manager or Process/Launch engineer in a structured and fast-peace manufacturing company, better if automotive
- Good attitude to manage the external Customer.
- Goal oriented and “smart”
- English and Czech fluent
- Able to work from the plant.
This is a new role within the business, as the department has only been created in Nov last year. We had the need to optimize the costs merging the Launch Management with the program management. We appointed the Program Managers to the role of Plant Program Management Managers and the Launch Engineers to the role of Plant Program Managers. This team takes care of the launch of new projects as well as the Customer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties required for successful job performance):
- Primary conduit for internal and external communication to and from the Program Team
- Manage team meetings for the assigned Programs of the Program teams
- Lead the cross functional team to achieve specific program goals for VCM growth (roadmaps), Enterproj and ClauS KPI’s & Deliverables, quality, timing, financial KPIs and product performance
- Achieve Launch Costs vs PCAQ / Budget
- Achieve a balance of external customer satisfaction and objectives
- Tracks and respects aspects of costs, validation, quality, and deadlines for the assigned projects through launch and serial production
- Facilitate the creation of an overall program schedule that achieves customer milestones but also protects our financial interests; guide the team to maintain progress
- Guide the team to identify and mitigate risks, including appropriate, concise, effective escalation as required
- Make decisions that have a significant impact on the timing and quality of the customer product as well as profitability/cash flow and key operating metrics of the program/plant for assigned programs (launch and serial)
- Lead the team in issue resolution applying discipline problem solving techniques
- Maintain an orderly and efficient change management process for both internally and externally driven changes guiding the team to balance customer satisfaction and our objectives
- Internal and external management status reporting including timing and financial status
- Engineering Change Coordination implementation in plant (CN leader)
- Ensures 6s and Health & Safety Standards are maintained.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards such as IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Inter-Company and transfers Coordination
- Prototype Coordination
- Supports the Quotation Process
- Resolve cross functional conflict
- Maintain team morale
- Lead/Support Executive Program and Launch readiness reviews
- Model CS Leadership Capability values and Code of Conduct
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (These are the traditional minimum, or required, bona-fide occupational qualifications and other requirements of most people in this job).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Manufacturing or Business.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Program Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired.
- Five years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience in at least 3 of the following functional areas; Program Management, Launch Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Product Engineering, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Kepner-Tregoe certification preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those needed to perform the essential functions of the job).
- Team management.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional Program/ Launch team for the assigned programs
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- High degree of task and objective orientation
- Ability to insist trust and integrity
REQUIRED DECISION-MAKING AND ORGANIZATION IMPACT (Describe the typical types of decisions made by employees in this job and the likely impact of those decisions on the Company).
- Mastery of at least one functional area (technical) required for this level of decision making.
- Ability to interface successfully at high level of customer organizations.
- High degree of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Logical – good critical thinking skills.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (Indicate job titles for this job’s supervisor and direct reports).
- Program Team reports to the Plant Program Manager via a matrix organization.
- PPMs report directly to MPPM in a line organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Describe the environment within which the work is performed).
- General office environment and manufacturing facility.
- Personal protective equipment is required on the production floor.
- Travel to customer, company-manufacturing sites, and supplier sites will be involved as required.
- Obeya/Energy room and daily tracking board