Our Client is committed to developing sustainable communities. This is achieved through early engagement with their customers. Great people and great places are at the heart of everything they do and form key aspects of their strategy.
Through early engagement our Client can develop a detailed analysis of the community requirements which in turn informs the masterplan process, which not only provides affordable, high-quality homes but communities where people want and aspire to live.
To lead and deliver the production output plan and associated performance metrics through a period of high growth, change and improvement.
Key to success is building and developing a highly capable, committed, focused and engaged production team. Working collaboratively with other departments striving to implement better ways of working and ever improving production performance.
Principal Accountabilities & Outcomes
1. Health & Safety
• Effective RAMS/Safe Systems of Work are in place, documented and applied
• Team members are engaged & accountable for the safe behaviour & mindset of themselves and colleagues.
• Workplace housekeeping & 5S are set & sustained at a high standard.
• Incidents, near-misses and observations are reported and responsibly acted upon to reduce/remove risk of harm.
2. Delivery, Quality & Customer
• Production Output & On-time targets are agreed, measured and delivered
• Customer & product quality is at the fore, measured, managed and improved hourly
• Quality Management System processes and procedures are embedded and improved
• Internal & external audits are supported and lead (when required)
• Cross-functional planning & communication routines are in place for the production area
• £Cost, budgets & resources
• Effective manpower planning enables production output & labour cost targets to be met
• Production Material call-off, consumption & costs are effectively managed, with focus on BOM accuracy, reducing waste and damage
• Consumables are planned & controlled ensuring budgets & availability are managed
• Production ‘Hours per module’ is reduced quarterly in line with step-change targets
• Area budgets/expenditure are reviewed shared & discussed with the whole team & used to identify and deliver improvement
3. People Leadership & Team Development
• All team members are highly engaged in the culture, values, direction & goals of their team and the wider business
• All team members are effectively trained, experienced & competent
• A skills & responsibility matrix and succession planning underpins team development
• Team & Individual’s targets & SMART objectives are agreed, implemented & delivered
• Each team member receives timely & effective feedback, one:2:one’s and has a Personal Development Plan
• Team member attendance and well-being is effectively managed
4. Continuous Improvement & Performance Step Change
• Transparent/timely performance information & metrics are available for all, and used to steer reliability and improvement
• Area ownership & active contribution in the Manufacturing Management Team meeting’s
• Daily huddles, involving all team members, are at the heart of shop-floor life
• All team members are positively engaged in daily incremental improvement activities
• Team members are trained & coached in applying problem resolution, waste reduction & process improvement techniques
• Monthly Focussed-improvement plans are in place and driving performance
• Contributing to L&G Modular Home’s methods of working, processes & best practice
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
• A relevant qualification and/or management experience in a manufacturing company
• A Qualification\formal training in lean manufacturing would be a distinct advantage
Knowledge and Experience
• Effective use of Outlook, Word, Excel and ERP systems is essential.
• Microsoft project & PowerPoint desirable.
Teamwork & People Management
• Leading a team of 25+ people in a high-performing company manufacturing a technical product
• Creating a culture of performance & continuous improvement through a high-trust, accountable & highly engaged team
• Recruiting, onboarding & training teams
• Individual performance-management & team succession planning
• An adaptable leadership style supportive of an individual’s development stage/maturity, needs & personality
• Working effectively/collaboratively as part of a management team
• Building trust and credibility as a humble & determined team player with high integrity who strives for team results
• Delivering change through effective action/resource plans
• Identifying and actioning improvement that lead to bottom-line business benefits
• Using a Growth-Mindset to ever improve
• Methodically deploying tools, techniques and methods to improve performance (ideally lean based)
• A good grounding in best-practice manufacturing practices & theories
Planning and organising
• Planning and organising team, resources and activities in a demanding production environment
• Implementing & managing industry standards (ISO, BOPAS, BRC etc)
• Ability to prioritise & structure own time and that of others
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent listening skills, involving all team members & colleagues
• A natural communicator, who listens to others, encourages team openness and welcomes diversity in opinion and solutions
• Communicating data, results and actions in daily business and meetings
• Prepares & delivers information for management meetings/groups
Contract type: Interim
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!