Our client is looking for a Production Planning & Logistics Manager in Stockport UK, to plan and coordinate all activities for the Production Planning & logistics function to ensure uninterrupted material supply to the manufacturing process in line with the master production schedule and individual process planning requirements. This role will lead the transformation from traditional Production Planning and Procurement management functions to an integrated Supply Chain management function. This exciting opportunity is a permanent, full time position joining the clients rapidly growing business, and reports to the Manufacturing Director.
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation of rapidly deployable, modern bridging systems for use in military and disaster relief scenarios and are now a key partner in the MoD’s Boxer mechanized Infantry Vehicle programme.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage the Sales & Operational Planning processes
• Ensure all customer demand is loaded into the SAP system
• Ensure MRP runs ‘clearly’ and the demand is issued in a timely manner.
• Coach and mentor the team, set targets and personal goals to support continuous improvement in our business process.
• Manage all stores and warehouse development.
• Manage material line feed solutions that support lean replenishment principles with stores and warehouse environments.
• Oversee production freight in line with budgets
• Maintain all Production Planning & Logistic SAP static data
• Maintain production of BOMS (Bill of Materials) to ensure material usage and content are correct.
• Ensure all material requirements are identified and material is provided to Manufacturing on time and is easily identifiable /accessible to the operators
• Forward resource planning – plan and conduct staff training to ensure each team member has correct knowledge to carry out their role effectively, efficiently and safely.
• Ensure stores and internal transport layouts are set up to support FIFO and material flow, and that clear visualization is in place.
• Ensure proper maintenance of stores and transport equipment.
• Provide relevant management information to each level of stores organization – communicate objectives and ensure KPI’s exist.
• Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are met, and all work practices are conducted in line with company and / or statutory Quality, and Health and Safety requirements.
• Responsibility for stock accuracy, including cycle counting, FIFO and stock location management.
• Managing the daily operation of FLT and materials handling equipment.
• Specification and management of returnable and disposable packaging solutions.
The key materials come from the UK and Europe and consist raw material, extrusions, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and sub contract services (machining, fabrications, treatments and paint).
Experience / Qualifications:
• Degree / HND in Manufacturing or Engineering Principles or equivalent
• Experience in a management capacity is essential
• Continuous improvement techniques
• Leading a Production Planning function is essential
• Business process re-engineering experience is essential
• Lean practitioner that has worked in a best-in-class lean environment
• Coaching and training experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong Problem-Solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Leadership by example
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
Location: Stockport, England, UK
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!