Who are we?
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation — ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production – of rapidly-deployable, modern bridging systems in various challenging scenarios. They also provide value-added inspection, repair and maintenance, spares and training services, wherever needed around the world.
What are we doing?
The in-house research and development function enables our client to provide additional engineering solutions across the defence sector, including aeronautical and vehicular equipment.
Main purpose of the job:
Your job requires management of established procurement team to ensure consistent timely delivery of technically compliant materials and services to Manufacture and procurement of non-production materials and services for the business. This hands-on role requires you to employ current supply chain best practice always develop strategic supplier relationships personally and through your team working within a governance framework and ensure robust commercial baselines / protections.
- Influence and drive implementation of the procurement strategy at Bid and Production phases ensuring risk is clearly identified and provisioned for
- Manage the Bridges procurement team, prioritising and ensuring procurement needs of production and the business are delivered in a timely and commercially robust manner
- Create and implement appropriate contracts with strategic and tactical suppliers
- Lead multifunctional reviews and improvement activities with suppliers
- Be responsible for proactively driving supply chain obsolescence issues
- Undertake periodic personal development and objective reviews with each team member ensuring training needs are identified and executed
- Populate, communicate, and keep topical procurement metrics and reports. Validate against exception reports and ensure root cause of poor performance identified and mitigated internally and or with suppliers
- Ensure functional governance topical and team compliance
- Work closely with Quality to ensure robust and consistent supplier approvals, monitoring and ensuring preventative / corrective actions are closed in timely manner
- Represent procurement and procurement status in project and business meetings
Our client is a SME. The Managerial Role is hands on and will involve in addition to managing actual execution of all aspects of the role.
Qualifications and Education:
- Full UK driving license (Essential)
- Business / Engineering degree or equivalent (Desirable)
- MCIPS (Desirable)
- 6+ years procurement experience minimum 2 years in leadership role
- Commodity buying and LME pricing. Familiarity with purchase of metals.
- Supply Chain/Procurement experienced gained in an Engineering and / or defence environment
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms / service level agreements
- Proven understanding of and ability to create and implement appropriate commercial terms / service level agreements
- Strong focus on governance and supply chain robustness
- Experience of using SAP or other MRP system
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate level, ability to manipulate spreadsheets
- Experience of procurement bid strategy development and execution
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence internal and external parties
- Hands on management approach – willingness to get involved in all activities to enable operations of the department
- Can do, make it happen attitude
- Coaching and empowering leadership skills
- Ability to travel in UK and abroad if required
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!