Who are we?
Our client has a century of engineering excellence and innovation — ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production – of rapidly-deployable, modern bridging systems in various challenging scenarios. They also provide value-added inspection, repair and maintenance, spares and training services, wherever needed around the world.
What are we doing?
The in-house research and development function enables our client to provide additional engineering solutions across the defence sector, including aeronautical and vehicular equipment.
Main purpose of job:
Your job requires management of established procurement team to ensure consistent timely delivery of technically compliant materials and services to Manufacture and procurement of non-production materials and services for the business. This hands-on role requires you to employ current supply chain best practice develop strategic supplier relationships personally and through your team at all times working within a governance framework and ensure robust commercial baselines / protections.
- Influence and drive implementation of the procurement strategy at Bid and Production phases ensuring risk is clearly identified and provisioned for
- Manage the Bridges procurement team, prioritising and ensuring procurement needs of production and the business are delivered in a timely and commercially robust manner
- Create and implement appropriate contracts with strategic and tactical suppliers
- Lead multifunctional reviews and improvement activities with suppliers
- Be responsible for proactively driving supply chain obsolescence issues
- Undertake periodic personal development and objective reviews with each team member ensuring training needs are identified and executed
- Populate, communicate, and keep topical procurement metrics and reports. Validate against exception reports and ensure root cause of poor performance identified and mitigated internally and or with suppliers
- Ensure functional governance topical and team compliance
- Work closely with Quality to ensure robust and consistent supplier approvals, monitoring and ensuring preventative / corrective actions are closed in timely manner
- Represent procurement and procurement status in project and business meetings
Our client is an SME. The Managerial Role is hands on and will involve in addition to managing actual execution of all aspects of the role.
Qualifications and Education:
Full UK driving license (Essential)
Business / Engineering degree or equivalent (Desirable)
- 6+ years procurement experience minimum 2 years in leadership role
- Commodity buying and LME pricing. Familiarity with purchase of metals.
- Supply Chain/Procurement experienced gained in an Engineering and / or defence environment
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms / service level agreements
- Proven understanding of and ability to create and implement appropriate commercial terms / service level agreements
- Strong focus on governance and supply chain robustness
- Experience of using SAP or other MRP system
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate level, ability to manipulate spreadsheets
- Experience of procurement bid strategy development and execution
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence internal and external parties
- Hands on management approach – willingness to get involved in all activities to enable operations of the department
- Can do, make it happen attitude
- Coaching and empowering leadership skills
- Ability to travel in UK and abroad if required
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!