We exist to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Quality Manufacturing Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The purpose of this role is to support the business as a Quality Engineer working alongside Iconic brands. This role includes being the recognised first point of contact for internal quality concerns. As a subject matter expert, using your knowledge and experience you will help ensure that all products produced meet our standards and our customer’s specifications and requirements.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to assist in the successful setup of prototype and production assembly processes. Development of quality manufacturing processes to ensure quality is embedded into build processes and best practice is adhered to.
- Be the subject matter expert contributing to DFEMA`s and PFMEA’s. Owning control plans that are generated from them.
- Act on ‘behalf of the customer’ and ensure ‘no fault forward’ strategy is implemented in build processes.
- Own APQP, assisting programme management and design with new product development and launch.
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map and support the Quality Management System and our compliance to ISO9001:2015.
- Lead the implementation of specific, focused ‘Quality Improvement Programmes’ to deliver year-on-year improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques.
- Preparation and submission of specific in house and customer Quality Approval documentation.
- Lead all activities associated with assembly quality concerns, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution utilising such techniques as 8D.
- Deliver annual objectives set by functional manager.
- Experience gained in a low volume manufacturing quality environment in Automotive sector with Tier 1 / Tier 2 suppliers
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering or Business-related discipline (or equivalent).
- Able to perform basic inspection and measurement tasks (read drawings including GD&T, use measurement equipment and understand material data sheets).
- Experienced in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.).
- Experience of utilising APQP tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience in the use of problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques.
- Experienced in compiling and approving PPAP/FAIR submissions.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO9001 and TS16949 (IATF16949). Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO14001 beneficial, to comply with company processes.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Tenacity, resilience and focus, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Security clearance and full UK Driving Licence required.
- IT literate (competent user of Siemens Teamcenter, MS products e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
This role will be based in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.