Main Purpose of Role:
Provide Quality control services, including the receipt and inspection of goods (Purchased and of in-house manufacture).
Implement and monitor quality control procedures to ensure all goods meet required criteria. Assist the QHSE manager with the management of QMS/EMS.
- Understand, implement, and follow all relevant procedures in the Company’s Quality Manual.
- Become fully conversant with the capability and capacity of the Dept. and its equipment.
- Use digital verniers and callipers to measure critical dimensions and characteristics, of raw castings and machined components.
- Compare type and quantity of goods received/made against the purchase/production order and/or advice/goods received note, noting any discrepancy, and raising rejection note as appropriate.
- Undertake routine load testing of components, using a hydraulic load test machine. Training can be provided to the right candidate.
- Ensure appropriate paperwork is available, completed, stamped, signed, dated, and passed to the relevant department for all goods received / made by the company.
- Use computer terminal to enquire and input details of stock locations, parts, operations, orders, vendors, weight etc.
- Undertake Internal Audits and completion of Corrective Action Reports (CAR’s) & Non-Conformance Reports (NCR’s)
- Participate in physical counting of stock and investigate discrepancies; help maintain an accurate record of goods in the warehouse and elsewhere.
- Help ensure prevention of deterioration of and damage to material or equipment during storage or handling.
- Ensure that goods and material are identifiable, stored securely in designated locations and where possible, stacked in a manner to facilitate counting.
- Liaise with other Departments to help ensure fulfilment of production schedules and delivery commitments.
- Assist in the management of the Organisations QMS. Internal Auditor Training desirable, but training can be provided.
- In addition to the above specific duties, the QHSE/Operations Manager may allocate other duties as skills and work requirements dictate.
- Liaise with external contractors regarding quality issues.
Key Requirements for Role:
- Establish and maintain friendly relationships with colleagues and staff.
- Attention to detail and time keeping.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information on the Company and potential and existing staff, specifiers, customers, clients, and vendors – including personal details, costs, income, activities, plans, financial situation, services, or products supplied, business or professional secrets.
- As a key member of staff, be always aware that the Company is judged by his/her own personal standards of ethics, conduct, performance and presentation, act accordingly.
- General Education
- Experience operating in a precision Engineering Environment.
- Reading Engineering Drawings
- Use of measuring Equipment, Verniers, micrometres, height gauges to tolerance of a micron.
- Checking testing and Rectification.
- Knowledge of castings and fabrications (Desirable)
- Working Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 (QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
- Formal training in internal auditing of QMS Processes (Desirable)
- Writing of Reports and creating QMS documents (Desirable)