Title: Seat PE manager
Location: Munich in Germany, Baoding & Shanghai city in China (for business trip)
- Interface between customer and China.
- Leads Product Development for company complete seat and sub-components.
- Directs Lead Engineer and Product Engineers for daily product development activities.
- Ensures designs meet all functional customer specifications & SOR requirements and design guidelines & best practices.
- Identifies risks of designed products and set up mitigation plans.
- Liaison between the Customer and engineering department , maintains good relationship and trust with Customer.
- Leads and manages functional, program specific development team of Product Design Engineers and CAD Designers.
- Responsible for program design status including design time lines and drawing schedules.
- Responsible for DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s.
- Responsible for Design Reviews.
- Responsible to create the DVP & PV test plan based on the customer specification.
- Leads the root cause analysis of critical issues and track identified problems through to resolution, approve engineering changes.
- Leads and supports business unit at customer management meetings.
- Work/project experience: More than 10 years of experience in completed seat design and development of completed seat products with European customers and more than 5 year team lead experience.
- Knowledge of IATF16949 system related requirements, as well as VDA6.3 audit requirements
- Knowledge of engineering mechanics and related knowledge of FEA analysis
- Familiar with the complete seat and frame, special characteristics, as well as familiar with the seat product function, performance and regulation testing requirements, and failure of product function, test, appearance and so on.
- With problem investigation, analysis, solution capabilities, able to use 8D tools for issues analysis and improvement.
- Know well about BMW the seat product development process, products and quality requirements, Audit process, for example BMW GS standards, LH, test requirements and other product engineering standards and processes.
- Catia software skills
- Excellent English and German language, and communication skills with customers and cooperation ability of project team