We have the opportunity for an experienced Silicon Verification Engineer to join our organisation in Royal Wooton Bassett.
The role is cantered on bench evaluation of ASICs, yet has the benefit of combining technical skills with close daily interaction with other teams such as designers, test engineers, project managers and customers.
Joining as a key player in our dynamic team offers flexibility to shape the role and to explore new ideas.
- Leads bench evaluation of ASIC designs using bench instrumentation and custom hardware platforms.
- Develops test plans and verification solutions.
- Handles PCB-level circuit design of evaluation hardware, including schematic capture.
- Leads collaboration with the IC Design, Test, and Product teams during the course of development.
- Leads communication with customers to understand high-level requirements and design solutions.
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation.
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable in achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers.
Technical requirements for the position are:
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit measurement methods
- Coding ability for the automation of bench tests, i.e. controlling instruments via Python scripts (C++ desirable and LabView knowledge could also be beneficial)
- Knowledge of PCB tools: experience with schematic capture and a basic understanding of PCB design techniques
- A general understanding of CMOS technology
- Experience using lab instruments such as bench power supplies, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and instrument connectivity for script automation.
- Can create clearly written engineering reports.