Purpose of the role
This is a role which requires the candidate to work closely with the Suppliers allocated within a Commodity Group, to ensure the Supplier’s Management team are fully supporting Quality and Capacity requirements. Provide leadership for assigned Suppliers to deliver the Supplier quality, capacity and timing requirements. Establish and maintain control of the supply base part Quality and part availability in support of the business objectives. Develop strategic Supply base improvement initiatives, that underpin the continuous improvement ethos.
- Work with Cross Functional partners to drive collaborative behaviours to achieve optimum outcome for Profitability.
- Ensure new supplier site Sourcing is well researched to build and maintain a competent supply base.
- Support Supplier selection & development processes to achieve a self-sufficient supply base IATF 16949. Ensure Non IATF16949 suppliers deliver their certification qualification to the approved nomination plan.
- Support the implementation of APQP for all new tooled
- Support Robust Manufacturing Feasibility strategy deployment and
- Ensure that allocated suppliers meet launch / delivery commitments in line with APQP
- Drive Supplier / Part Risk Assessments and develop risk mitigation actions.
- Identify Critical suppliers / parts that require full cross functional team engagement with the
- Provide supplier progress reporting to Purchasing and SQA Program team for: APQP open issues, PPAP part pedigree prior to each build phase and PPAP delivery forecast / actual
- Track and manage PPAP part approval to agreed delivery
- Manage Non PPAP part Concession process to ensure “Plan for every part” is established to support the
- Deliver Quality & Capacity Verification in line with MDP
- Drive Major open issue resolution at Key suppliers, to ensure Supplier Senior Management team are fully engaged in the resolution
- Develop improvement strategies with suppliers and ensure they are delivered
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Understanding of complete supply chain within the business and the suppliers
- Understand the Manufacturing process within MPC
- Ability to interrogate Programme plans and evaluate supplier’s ability to deliver, quality on time to meet company milestones.
- Must be capable of planning manufacture of their components at the supplier from goods in to goods out, if
- Capable of carrying out effective scenario planning to establish potential mitigation actions, if
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Technical Engineering qualified to Degree standard, or equivalent
- Must have previous experience in SQA, including multiple new model
- Experience of leading suppliers through new model launches
- Have a working understanding of: PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA, SPC,
- Demonstrated structured approach to Problem Solving (8D)
- Practical use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and CATIA
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Highly motivated, team player who can lead by example and act with integrity
- Good communication skills to deal with people of all levels both within the business and the Suppliers
- Well organised and delivery focused, with a demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high- pressure environment
- Self-sufficient with ability to prioritise workload and request help when appropriate
- A fast learner
- Flexibility in terms work patterns and travel, including short notice travel
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand