The Team Leader, Sourcing Project Management oversees all aspects of New Component Sourcing (NCS) project management activities, coordinating with cross discipline team members to ensure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, schedules and within budgeting parameters. Plans and designates project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed during the project’s entire life cycle. Spends 20% to 30% of the time managing the SPM team members and portfolio, with the balance dedicated to individual contribution to the assigned NCS projects.
- Coordinate multiple project activities throughout project lifecycles to ensure completion within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Participate in identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and overcoming program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Monitor for risks and issues that might and do arise over the course of the program life cycle, as well as take measures to correct them when they occur
- Coordinate projects and their interdependencies between the various projects and programs in the program
- Select and use resources across the various projects and programs in the program
- Ensure deliverables are aligned across the projects and programs in the program
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Provides day to day supervision to team to ensure the efficient operation of the function
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
- Holds self and others accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Team Leader Responsibilities include:
- Balance team workload and manage the overall team project portfolio.
- Ensure that projects are completed on-time, within budget and according to project specifications.
- Review and approve NCS phase progressions in the Project Portfolio Management system and project deliverables to Agile in line with procedures.
- Support team members in managing issues and escalations.
- Provide status reporting to leadership regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Team coaching, development, recruitment, and training to ensure the team members meet the capabilities and skills required for their function.
- Conducting performance reviews with direct reports.
Individual SPM responsibilities include:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all project related Sourcing and Supply Chain aspects within schedule and budget.
- Manage the entire project life-cycle; Pre-Concept, Concept, Development, Pre-launch and Production phases.
- Maintain project plans to ensure all stakeholders are informed of program status, performance, risks and issues.
- Interact with all stakeholders to maintain a high-level of effective communications and resolve problems and issues as they arise. Having “ethical courage” to escalate if needed.
- Supporting the Source Selection process, BOM cost analysis and impact.
- Supporting Supplier Quality Engineering in developing suppliers to comply with automotive quality requirements.
- Manage and coordinate resource needs for each assigned project.
- Assign work and ensure tasks are completed on-time to meet milestone deadlines.
- Track and measure performance at each phase of the NPD/CM process.
- Prepare status reports.
- Support process development and/or improvement.
Job Specific Essential Criteria:
- 5-7 years work experience in Project Management or similar function
- Demonstrated Procurement and/or Supply Chain experience
Note; this role could have an element of travel (5% of the time)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar preferred
- Automotive industry experience desired
- Experience working with MS Project and Oracle ERP is a plus.