Who are we?
Our client is a pioneer in the design and development of Micro Turbine Gensets (MTGs) using high-speed, ultra-reliable and clean burning microturbines together with patented air bearings and heat exchanger technologies, that is transforming distributed power generation.
What are we doing?
To build a world class business. Delivering distributed power generation solutions based on micro-turbine engines, that will fulfil the growing global demand, for localised electricity supply reduce diesel and carbon emissions reward the faith of our Investors, our Customers, and our People
With the right people we can deliver the right solution at the right time. Our people are central to our ability to deliver dependable and reliable power generating solutions that save our customers and partners time and money.
Main purpose of the job:
We are looking to hire a Test Engineer to join our team who can be developed in all aspects of the role. You will work autonomously and as part of our high achieving team. If you have exceptional skills and are looking for a company that care about their people, then this is the place where you could grow and develop your career
The Test Engineer will be responsible for performing system and subsystem level testing on our client’s unique gas turbine driven electrical generator. You will engage in a variety of R&D and V&V testing to support new product introduction and subsystem testing. Ideally, you will have experience in calibration, installation, and utilising instrumentation and DAQ systems
The key responsibilities within the role are:
- Performing a variety of testing on microturbine gensets including
- Performance Testing
- Endurance and Reliability Testing
- Customer Validation testing, such as testing the interaction of our product with customer equipment
- Research and Development into new product introductions, and solutions to problems cost down, product improvement etc
- Product investigation
- Fault finding and diagnoses of problems
- Actively participating in design improvement proposals
- Managing data, configuration details and results in a highly organised manner
- Writing detailed technical test reports
- Participation in development of new equipment and facilities
To be considered you will have a degree in Electronic, Electrical or Control related field, a strong aptitude for system level understanding of complex systems with some experience in a technical engineering role. You will have some experience of testing in either a testing or project engineer role.
If you have a desire for ‘hands-on’ work and to collaborate within a highly skilled and driven team with a passion for engineering, then please apply!
Salary: Competitive Salary
Private Healthcare / Pension / Life Assurance / 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holidays
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!