Our Client is committed to developing sustainable communities. This is achieved through early engagement with their customers. Great people and great places are at the heart of everything they do and form key aspects of their strategy.
Through early engagement our Client can develop a detailed analysis of the community requirements which in turn informs the masterplan process, which not only provides affordable, high-quality homes but communities where people want and aspire to live.
Purpose of Role
The Business Improvement Specialist – Logistics; provides a vital support role for the Logistics Operations team by defining, developing and implementing the methods and processes to deliver and maintain at the cutting edge, a class leading infrastructure for delivery of components and materials to the production line for the assembly of modules and the subsequent delivery of modules to sites to ensure our Client’s business operates in an efficient best practice environment.
The Business Improvement Specialist will investigate and apply best in class technology and equipment with the aim of optimising the whole logistics flow within our Client’s business.
The deliverables will be a vendor to line system that will optimise stock turns and minimised material handling.
- Analyse, design and implement the internal logistics strategy, including material delivery methods, lineside storage and production facilities.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by defining future storage and material handling equipment requirements, analyse material flow, create process maps and warehouse layout designs.
- Develop internal analysis tools, metrics or key performance indicators to measure the efficiency of the Material Supply teams.
- Maintain a current technical knowledge of industry best practice in logistics and ensure that this is reflected in the methodologies, tools and processes for future development.
- Work closely with Procurement and Assembly Manufacturing Engineers to trial new concepts of materials delivery onto the production line to ensure seamless integration into the business.
- Work closely with Health and Safety to ensure safe practices are being followed, e.g. material delivery to manufacturing is efficient and ergonomically safe.
- Carry out continuous improvement studies using time and motion, zero base analysis, flow path analysis, supply chain analysis, or warehouse space analysis to establish efficiency improvements.
- Apply logistics modelling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design and layout within the warehouse and production line environment.
- Manage old part run out from the production line, ensuring delivery methods are removed and stock is cleansed from the point of fit when it is no longer required.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions to streamline and maintain the operating processes for material transfer, storage and line delivery.
- Maintain PFEP (plan for every part), detailing Logistics Operations delivery methods, part pack factors and fit point.
- Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement opportunities.
- Develop the value stream map for the logistics operations.
- Support the development and maintenance of risk & COSHH assessments.
- Support the development and maintenance of procedures and work instructions as required.
- Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with our Clients’ defined Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures. Ensuring that HSE is at the heart of the business culture and that actions and behaviours reflect best practice working towards a zero harm, safe working environment.
- To carry out any other duties as required/requested by the company.
- Develop and deliver the process for new part introduction onto the production line, ensuring delivery methods and equipment are established, and parts are available at point of fit when required within an ERP environment.
- Relevant education qualifications, degree or equivalent preferred. Alternatively, time served with relevant experience
- IOSH Managing Safely (or equivalent) preferred
- Lean trained to Green Belt or better from a recognised trainer
- ERP training
- Advanced manufacturing experience preferably Automotive/Aerospace.
- Application of lean & problem-solving techniques.
- Experience developing best in class warehousing and internal logistics flows preferably within Automotive/Aerospace OEM environments.
- Previous experience of setting up and implementing Kanban, JIT and JIS line replenishment strategies, with supporting KPI’s.
- Experience developing and delivering dedicated stillage/dunnage designs and integrating into a management system throughout an integrated supply chain.
- ERP experience preferred. Including setting key data and planning/replenishment strategies. Integration of scanning and on-line labelling preferred.
- Understanding of requirements to meet and maintain the ISO business standards portfolio.
- Delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- PC literate with good administration skills. MS Office suite.
Contract type: Interim
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!