Working within the Automotive, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Process Industries, our client is the world leader in the invention, production and supply of high-nickel alloys for critical engineering.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer for their plant in Hereford, UK. This role reports to the Engineering Manager and is to provide engineering supervision/support and expertise as directed by the Engineering Manager to your team and Production Department. Support other Engineering Departmental Managers when required.
- Provide engineering supervision/support and expertise as directed by the engineering manager to your team and production department. Support to other engineering departmental mangers when required.
- Carry out fault diagnosis/direction and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the maintained areas.
- Audit safety systems, thus ensuring that safe working conditions are always maintained within the responsible engineering and production departmental areas.
- Exercise and promote as part of a Team working environment a safe systems of work policy, to include undertaking Method statements and Risk assessment for tasks being undertaken.
- Ensure efficient communication between team leader and shifts, including control of Shift handovers and Miquest entries.
- Adopt and pursue a working style that will continually improve and enhance work practices within the areas of responsibility.
- Monitor the Engineering Stores and ensure spares are available to ensure minimum downtime of Critical Plant within the area of responsibility.
- Investigate methods of reducing plant downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the engineering department.
- Plan/Implement and ensure Planned Maintenance activities are being carried out on all equipment within your department.
- Carry out Health and Safety improvements within your area and attend health and safety meetings.
- Ensure that your Engineering maintain housekeeping to a high standard as specified within the 5’S audit process.
- Implement and control a consultative team-working approach to quickly identify and resolve engineering problems within the responsible areas.
- Ensure that all Engineering plant within the areas are correctly serviced, maintained and calibrated in conjunction with the Planned Maintenance System.
- Attendance of any meetings as required and supplying daily update information to the engineering manager for his morning brief.
- Ensure within the engineering team through the team leader the planning of Shift/Holiday cover resource.
- Carry out the necessary disciplinary procedures when required
- Ensure communication to team is carried out through team briefs.
- Determine spares requirements and plan maintenance shutdowns with production.
- HNC Maintenance/Manufacturing Engineering or Similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an engineering environment in a supervisory role.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Independent thinking and decision making.
- An analytical problem solver — someone who can distil complex issues into coherent solutions.
- Ability to meet requirements within demanding timescales.
- Able to network and build relationships, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful. Sets high standards.
- Able to analyse and propose solutions quickly and accurately. Learns quickly
- Positive attitude and approach to all issues. Solution oriented
- Innovation to new/modified processes
- Must have knowledge and understanding of assign plant and its manufacturing environment
Location: Hereford, UK
Salary: £ Neg
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!