Our Client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. They design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will work within a cross-functional team and be responsible for developing innovative Tyre Pressure Monitoring System ECU hardware designs for the automotive sector, delivering them into high volume manufacturing. The products that you develop will be deployed by major automotive OEMs worldwide.
- Development of electronic hardware, including component selection, circuit design, schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout
- Prototyping and debug of new electronic designs
- Reviewing of customer specifications and other relevant documentation to inform design activities
- Completion of development activities according to our Clients’ development processes, including all relevant documentation and design reviews
- Liaising with suppliers, customers, internal departments and manufacturing make sites in support of project activities
- Formulation of hardware test strategies and supervision of their execution
- Working according to all agreed team procedures, including Agile/Scrum methods
- BEng degree in Electronics or a related engineering discipline
- Two years’ industrial experience in a Hardware Design role
- Experience of developing analogue and digital circuits
- Experience of simulation for electronic design
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated personality
- Three+ years’ industrial experience in a Hardware Design role
- Experience of Hardware design, and associated processes, within the Automotive sector
- Experience in design of electronics for wireless communications
- Experience in design of electronics utilising CAN communications
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team development environment
- Experience developing products/systems compliant with ISO 26262 functional safety standards
A competitive salary and benefits package. Our Client is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Industry: Automotive / Manufacturing
Location: Antrim – Northern Ireland
Salary: £Neg Salary Package
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!