Our Client is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls. Our Client’s devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Interim Senior Project Manager (PM) who will be an integral member of our Client’s automotive sensors business. Being part of the Product Management Team, you will be at the forefront of driving the decisions to shape the success of highly visible projects. In this position you are responsible for developing plans for various projects, manage both business & technology risks, meet challenging schedules, and drive results. This position offers a great opportunity to lead global teams and to travel globally in a fast-paced, growth oriented, automotive environment.
You are going to work on highly visible projects and manage our Client’s business of the future. Their culture is dynamic, open, proactive, with a can-do mentality, an obsession to win, highly flexible and to be close to our customer.
- Project management for new product launches of significant importance to the business
- Manage a portfolio of projects (lead by separate PM’s, which you steer) for specific customers OEMS.
- You are responsible for specific customers regarding topics around the progress of new product introductions, serial life optimization execution, footprint, cost reduction, quality.
- Understanding customer requirements and expectations and driving necessary actions within our Client’s organisation.
- Interacting frequently with customers and functional peer groups at management levels
- Support acquisition business by evaluating business proposals through cost estimating and discounted cash flow analysis
- Anticipating and communicating issues, recommending remedial & corrective action, and reporting outcomes
- Achieving results in support of business goals in a matrix structure, team oriented, global environment; working with global cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, quality, marketing, sales, customer service and operations.
- Coach Project Managers, support project management KPI delivery
- Support Gross Margin activities, New Product Development (NPD) portfolio and annual plan CR target
- Support Project Managers using/improving our PMO agile tools
What is your background?
- Minimum Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in the Automotive Industry (Preferred) or a high-tech development organization.
- Project Management professional with experience of working directly with the Customer.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving result orientated matrix structured organization.
- You have leadership qualities and experience with managing professionals, you are result-oriented, excellent planning with a strong focus on Customers (OEMS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must
- Collaborating in our Client’s organisation means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
Industry: Automotive / Manufacturing
Location: Antrim – Northern Ireland
Salary: £Neg Salary Package
Contract type: Permanent
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!