Our Client is committed to developing sustainable communities. This is achieved through early engagement with their customers. Great people and great places are at the heart of everything they do and form key aspects of their strategy.
Through early engagement our Client can develop a detailed analysis of the community requirements which in turn informs the masterplan process, which not only provides affordable, high-quality homes but communities where people want and aspire to live.
Purpose of Role
Lead the entire business scheduling process taking approved sales plans through to placing demand on the internal and external supply chain including ensuring that there is an appropriately committed, agreed and authorised demand/capacity balance. Own, manage and drive the Master Production Schedule, forecasting manufacturing capacities and direct resources and managing the release of manufacturing orders. Support the Production Director in ensuring that production plans are delivered and escalate when demand/supply gaps develop. Predict materials, production and resource constraints that may affect the plan and work with the relevant functions to minimise the impact and optimise factory output.
- Under the Sponsorship of the CFO oversee the development and execution of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) activity across all relevant functions.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the sales plan and release dates for product availability as an input to the master schedule.
- Develop and maintain a model of the supply chain, manufacturing and site installation capacity and capability and validate that the production, procurement and site installation teams can deliver at the required volume and capability.
- Own the master schedule for the business that defines the timing and volume of site delivery and completion balanced with a master production and supply chain schedule and ensure that any sub-plans are aligned with this master schedule.
- Develop and maintain the process to monitor performance against the agreed master production schedule to ensure that the agree schedule is achieved.
- Analysing resource requirements across all product and delivery related functions supporting plans to achieve changes in resource levels required to ensure successful delivery of the master schedule.
- Contributing to financial planning process and forecasts through the maintenance of the master schedule and resource/capacity requirement.
- Overseeing the MRP systems overall health, user’s compliance and reporting to leadership management on its performance and directing the disciplined maintenance of the system inputs.
- Ensuring strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinating configuration of the ERP/MRP system for opportunities of new or improved planning and production processes to assure current or future requirements.
- Manage the day to day activities of the production Control department and the performance of the team in line with the agreed budget.
- Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with our Clients’ defined Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
- ‘A’ level in Math and Sciences
- Degree in engineering or supply chain discipline
- Relevant Professional Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive background in production planning having worked with many leading ERP/MRP systems; including launch project(s)
- Experience of managing MPS and S&OP processes and facilitating senior management demand and supply coordination
- Extensive experience of working in a complex engineering / manufacturing primary processes and assembly environment
- Ability to process, analyse, report and make objective recommendations for complex operational and commercial scenarios
- A strong drive for success with a mature but adaptable style, able to see things from others point of view
- Ability to influence collaboratively across the organisation but with a strong sense of purpose.
- Instinct to drive business performance – a natural ability to challenge perceived wisdom and drive towards solution-oriented action
- Considered but decisive while working at pace, thoughtful but driven about problem solving
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!