Working within the Automotive, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Process Industries, our client is the world leader in the invention, production and supply of high-nickel alloys for critical engineering.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer for their plant in Hereford, UK. This role reports to the Engineering Supervisor and is to provide engineering support within the team and the wider business, ensuring planned maintenance and equipment failure issues are completed consistently and in a timely manner.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the Maintained Areas.
- Be pro-active and responsible in Fault Finding, Problem Solving.
- Undertake Engineering Planned Maintenance activities within the Department.
- Ensure that all Engineering plant within the allocated area are correctly serviced (planned maintenance routines), maintained and calibrated in conjunction with the current CMMS. (logging on and off and recording the work carried out).
- Ensure that safe working conditions are always maintained in conjunction with company 5’s and Risk Assessment policies both in associated Areas and Responsible plant equipment.
- Ensure efficient communication between you and your peers, including shift handovers and Miquest entries.
- Adopt and pursue a working style that will continually improve and enhance work practices within allocated area.
- Assist with the improvement methods of reducing plant downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the areas of responsibility, using modern improvement techniques/updates.
- Carry out Health and Safety improvements within the areas as directed by the Engineering Team leader.
- Ensure as part of the Team that standards of husbandry and housekeeping are of a high standard as specified within the 5’s audit process.
- Assist in the development and skills training of the Apprentices allocated to the Team.
- Be flexible within departments to assist others where extra Resource/Knowledge may be required.
- Minimum: BTEC Higher National Certificate in electrical engineering.
- Desired Qualification: Served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Good motivational and self-motivational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High level of self-discipline.
Location: Hereford, UK
Salary: £ Neg
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!