Our client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. They design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
They are developing and producing a broad portfolio of sensors for automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With their innovative products, they strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry.
We are seeking a Regional Quality Director for our Europe Region. This individual will report directly to the Sr. Director of Global Quality and will lead Operations Quality (in manufacturing sites), Customer Quality, and Supplier Quality in Europe
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead Operations Quality (in manufacturing sites), Customer Quality, and Supplier Quality organizations within the local region
- Support clients’ Transformation to a Zero-Defect Quality Mindset by translating strategies into goals and executable actions for areas of responsibility
- Drive continuous quality improvement in both high volume manufacturing and high mix/low volume environments as well
- Support all of the clients’ business interests in the region; Automotive, Aerospace, HVOR, Industrial, and Controls
- Drive effective collaboration with the regional Business Center(s) to insure we are properly servicing our customers (internal and external) to deliver expected responsiveness and avoid escalations
- Work closely with Business Center New Product Development Quality teams to ensure new products launch on time while meeting the stated quality goals for the program. Improve handoff from development into serial production.
- Manage regional quality budgets to insure we are delivering Quality support at a cost within the committed annual plan
- Ensure organizations are complying with clients’ Quality Management System
- Develop his/her reports to take on increased responsibility, improve performance, and work more autonomously
- Support customer and supplier quality related issues and escalations
- Has a minimum of a Bachelors’ level degree in a technical area, preferably engineering with at least 10 years of applicable experience. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Has at least 5 years of experience leading both local and remote teams in the respective region
- Possesses excellent leadership and organizational skills with prior experience leading managers, engineers, technicians, and operators
- Has the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments
- Demonstrated a track record of driving continuous quality improvement (examples reduce PPM, customer events, cost of quality, etc.) in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Understands Quality System requirements such as IATF16949, AS9000, ISO9000 and has proficiency with APQP tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, PPAP, etc.
- Has a functional knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and associated root cause analysis tools such as 5-Why analysis, A3, PCDA, fishbone diagrams, is/is not analysis, etc.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively both in writing and verbally to all levels in the organization
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
- Willing to travel approximately 25% – 35% of the time to meet with customers, suppliers, and teams in remote locations as needed
*As this role is a regional role, we will considered applicants at other sites within the region.
Industry: Automotive / Manufacturing
Location: Hengelo, Netherlands.
Contract type: Permanent
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details to Darren.firstname.lastname@example.org
Other vacancies you may want to apply for are Chief Executive Officer and Senior Platform Manager.