Our Client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. They design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
Based in Antrim, and working closely with the Sensor Design Team Manager, you will be responsible for the design and development of tyre pressure sensor modules that will be produced in a high-volume manufacturing environment. You will also be leading a cross-functional platform development team to achieve technical deliverables for customer-focused and research projects in accordance with the New Product Development process, and to assist the Sensor Design Team Manager in the management of the Sensor Platform Development Team.
Key duties will include:
- Generation of sensor development plans in cooperation with the Sensor Design Manager to aid and verify the transition of products from concept to production ready.
- Review and scrutinise supplier design topologies and stress test to deepen understanding of technologies.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in electronic technologies, circuit and 3D EM simulation packages and demonstrate an eagerness to learn.
- Develop innovative and novel circuits.
- Understand digital and analogue circuit theory.
- Coordinating and driving best hardware development with the ASIC, Mechanical and ECU/Systems teams
- Formally reporting progress against technical project deliverables
- Demonstrate methodical problem-solving techniques
- Ensuring all sensor hardware development complies with hardware development process, incorporating DFM principles
- Ensuring day to day staff management of the sensor hardware team
- Managing team performance and supporting the ongoing development and improvement of team processes.
- Developing training matrix to continuously improve the skills of team members
- Continuously striving to improve and maintain team motivation and morale
- Review and reporting of Sensor Design KPIs.
- Honors degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience of relevant technical experience to ensure ability to lead your team and effectively critique their work
- Excellent project coordination, communication and decision-making skills
- Occasional foreign travel to customer and partner sites
- Good Communication (Oral and Written)
- Previous experience in a technical leadership or team Management role
- Understanding of silicon development
A competitive salary and benefits package. Our Client is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Industry: Automotive / Manufacturing
Location: Antrim – Northern Ireland
Salary: £Neg Salary Package
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!