Our client is committed to developing sustainable communities. This is achieved through early engagement with their customers. Great people and great places are at the heart of everything they do and form key aspects of their strategy.
Through early engagement our client can develop a detailed analysis of the community requirements which in turn informs the masterplan process, which not only provides affordable, high-quality homes but communities where people want and aspire to live.
Purpose of Role
To design and develop structural engineering solutions for new products and site-based projects. Continuously develop technical solutions and improve engineering integration as directed by the Head of Engineering, to an agreed brief including cost targets, programmes, and relevant standards and regulations in line with our client’s strategic vision.
- To engage with and technically influence the structural engineering of the modular product portfolio, its design, development and execution
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings.
- Produce design calculations to Eurocode and relevant codes of practice
- Review and critique technical submissions from designers, suppliers and contractors
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Analyse configurations of the components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff and external consultants such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect work undertaken in factory and site environments to ensure structural soundness.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
- Obtain planning, building regulations and third-party approval for modular housing products
- MEng or MSc in Structural engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Civil Engineering (Required)
- Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council (CEng) (Preferred)
- Member of an appropriate professional body (MICE or MIStructE) (Required)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer
- Knowledge of the modular/off-site construction sector and the relevant construction methodologies and associated codes / standards.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Skilled at using 3D modelling and 2D drafting packages.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
To apply please submit a current CV, along with details of your current earnings and salary expectations to:
Connecting Talent and Vacancies – That’s what Jigsaw People do best!