Environmental Policy PN100
Jigsaw Business Group recognise that in our day to day operations we impact on the environment in a number of ways , we are committed to reduce that impact through continual improvement in our environmental performance.
This will be achieved by ensuring Jigsaw Business Group delivers its business services in line with the requirements of our EHSQM Integrated Management System that meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2015 .
Scope of Jigsaw Business Group
Jigsaw Business Group consists of the following divisions; Business Improvement, Supply Chain, Recruitment, Training & Development and Jigsawsafe™ digital services.
Jigsaw Business Group contracts with organisations to support achievement of their business objectives. This support is provided via our divisions of Business Improvement, Supply Chain Services, Recruitment, Training & Development and Jigsawsafe™ digital.
We provide Technical and Project Management Consultancy Services and Resources.
This support can take the format of either Business or Staff Development initiatives through the delivery of Consultancy and / or Training projects and / or digital services as agreed between the client and the Management of Jigsaw Business Group.
This support can be delivered from JBGs Head Office and/or wholly owned Regional Offices which are geographically located to support our clients’ needs.
This scope is applied for the certification to ISO 9001:2015 ,ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018.
Management is committed to ensure that we :
- Employ systems and procedures that ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and other requirements relating to the environment.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk based thinking.
- Ensure continual improvement through implementation of our EHSQ Integrated Management System to set documented environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects, compliance obligations and considering our risks and opportunities, these objectives will be implemented, maintained, monitored and reviewed.
- Provide employee training to enhance environmental awareness of our staff, this ensures environmental issues are considered when managing our premises and planning, implementing and undertaking all projects.
- Promote a sustainable approach to business, in partnership with our clients and other stakeholders by conserving energy, minimising consumption, preferring low pollution materials, maximising efficiency and implementing Waste Management Hierarchy.
Waste Management Hierarchy
- Ensure that we integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.
- Maintain an EHSQM Integrated Management System that incorporates the Environmental Management in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004 that is communicated to all staff.
- Are committed to preventing pollution and to minimising the environmental impact, for the life cycle (including disposal) of plant, equipment and any other physical assets under our control.
Put controls in place to protect the environment from any significant environmental aspects and impacts arising from our work activities.
Will measure our Carbon Footprint and take account of carbon management in our business decisions to reduce our contribution to climate change.
This policy is communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf.
Employees and other organisations are expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, or the environment.
Jigsaw Business Group accepts its responsibility to protect the environment in all its business activities and locations by adopting appropriate best practice industry standards and guidelines.
This policy will be reviewed annually by management and where deemed necessary will be amended and re issued.
Previous versions of this policy are archived.
This policy statement is available to all interested parties.
All persons working with or for Jigsaw Business Group will receive full support to ensure the EHSQM Integrated Management System is fully understood , implemented and maintained throughout.
It is Jigsaw Business Group responsibility to ensure the EHSQM Integrated Management System functions correctly and its effectiveness is maintained through monitoring, control, audit and review.