Quality Manager role is the key person to ensure compliancy with the industry quality standards. In your role you will establish and further improve a Quality Management System and lead us through defined quality audits like ISO9001. The hiring company is ramping up manufacturing into high volume; accordingly, the role is responsible to ensure that all aspects of the QMS are in place to support the tremendous volume/revenue growth. You must be proactive and self-driven, and at the same time involve and motivate the organisation to always work with quality in mind. The role is highly dependent on cross functional collaboration and communication.
Duties and responsibilities
Within your role you will be expected to:
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Ensure product and process conformity.
- Ensure compliance with standards like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Lead internal and external audits.
- Follow up nonconformity and corrective actions.
- Review specifications for product and processes
- Establish and maintain an accurate and efficient Quality Management System
- Proactively improve quality standards
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven experience as quality manager; in highly technical manufacturing company.
- Proactive and responsible.
- Experienced in installing or significantly improving an effective QMS (installing preferred).
- Expert in ensuring robust Control Plan, PFMEA are in place and executed with discipline.
- Proven track record of problem solving and continuous improvement tools, including: Six sigma, Red X, Reverse PFMEA.
- Expert in working cross functionally (Product Development, Applications Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing/Supplier Development) in establishing proper drawings, specifications, significant characteristics, manufacturing process capability with manufacturing plant and upstream supply base to ensure robust product quality.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant standards.
- Certification of quality control is an advantage (ISO 9001 etc).
- Responsible, conscientious and with an eye for details.
- Strong technical background (Engineering, Six Sigma, complex technologies)
- Must be strong in all Leadership Competencies, with particular strengths in:
- Dealing with Ambiguity. o Systemic Thinking. o Entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset.
- Collaborative and Builds Strong and Effective Relationships.
- Gets Results Through Self and Others.
- Builds Organizational Capabilities.
What is offered?
A dynamic and international working environment with skilled colleagues. Competitive remuneration package including participation in the Share Incentive Programme. In addition, there are great opportunities for accelerated career development and personal growth. We also offer free parking, free shuttle bus, excellent insurance – and a fantastic office location close to Oslo Norway. Professional Expat relocation services provided. The company language is English.