Arkal Automotive, one of the world’s leading thermoplastic automotive parts manufacturers required a solution to meet its increased production requirements across Eastern Europe. The company commissioned Jigsaw Business Group to carry out a supplier sourcing process. Through vigorous desktop screening to full on-site audits, scoring and ranking, Jigsaw Business Group presented a series of recommendations that were implemented by Arkal Automotive which allowed the company to meet its production needs with the appointment of a new trusted supplier offering multiple benefits.
- Due to expansion across Europe, Arkal Automotive required a trusted partner, due to time constraints and limited resources, to conduct a supplier search, sort and selection process on its behalf;
- It required a new capacity in Eastern Europe in the range of 650t to 2300t;
- The company were considering two viable options to meet its production needs:
- Appointing a new manufacturing partner, a third-party supplier that would be capable of meeting the company’s manufacturing needs to the very highest standards;
- Potentially acquiring a new company, which Arkal Automotive had previous success with its Spanish plant acquired two years previously.
Why Jigsaw Business Group
- A proven track record with a team possessing real industry experience with empathy to support businesses accordingly understanding individual pain points;
- Unrivalled sector knowledge and technical expertise with an ability to look at things from a fresh perspective to deliver process driven solutions that help businesses to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and streamline business operations;
- A progressive company delivering premium level support services working in strict adherence with robust in-house best practices in accordance with all industry standards.
- Jigsaw Business Group successfully delivered full-service sourcing activity in accordance with SOW and within budget. This included:
- Verification of requirements which comprised Jigsaw Business Group embedding input from Arkal Automotive into its very own checklist;
- Leveraging a network to compile a list of 28 potential suppliers;
- Initial screening based on available web and other sources;
- Conducting Self-audit using Jigsaw Business Group’s auditing method. This was sent to all suppliers for completion of which 100% of responses were gathered;
- Analysis of audit results, ranking and recommendation for visits;
- Facilitation and leading of supplier visits with the Arkal Automotive team present to conduct an evidence-based audit;
- Analysis of results, ranking and recommendations.
Following Jigsaw Business Group’s in-depth recommendations, Arkal Automotive tied a long-term contract with a supplier in the Czech republic, who was able to offer the following benefits:
- Immediate capacity availability which significantly improved delivery performance;
- Price competitiveness enabling the company to reduce its cost as it no longer had the requirement to invest in its own facility;
- Logistics improvements were implemented to Arkal Automotive’s client’s location;
- Arkal Automotive avoided an increase in its purchasing department headcount and skillset as a result of outsourcing to a trusted partner.