Transit a technology start-up supply chain, development to production. Bladon is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), combining world-renowned British engineering and design expertise with innovative manufacturing processes, and is the world’s first manufacturer of microturbine gensets for the telecoms market.
- The core suppliers that helped them through the long development of the product were found to be unsuitable once the company started to scale up their output. We were asked to come in to support several workstreams around the supply chain:
– Assist in sourcing of critical components
– Develop internal processes and capabilities for the SC department
– Develop and manage the suppliers cost down roadmap
Why Jigsaw Business Group
- A proven track record with a team possessing real industry experience with empathy to support businesses accordingly understanding individual pain points;
- Unrivalled sector knowledge and technical expertise with an ability to look at things from a fresh perspective to deliver process driven solutions that help businesses to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and streamline business operations;
- A progressive company delivering premium level support services working in strict adherence with robust in-house best practices in accordance with all industry standards.
- We worked with Head of Supply Chain to provide them with analysis, modelling and design of new ways to manage, source and control the new group of suppliers that was required to support the industrialisation phase.
- Provided coaching and leadership in implementation of the new ERP system and sourcing of specialised suppliers.
- Designed and implemented new set of processes and procedures to help Bladon achieve their ISO9001 accreditation.
- All critical suppliers were sourced and on-boarded.
- Required systems and processes developed, introduced and staff were trained in their use. These are now used in Bladon’s day-to-day activities and are integrated into their QMS.
- Cost roadmap developed to integrate with Bladon’s ERP system and is being used by both buyers and the management as a common, transparent tool.