Client: Jaguar Land Rover
Location: Halewood, UK
Services: Business Improvement, Supply Chain, Training & Development
One of the UK’s largest automotive manufacturers required specialist support with a launch of a new sequenced vehicle-specific wiring loom. Through deploying top level business diagnostics followed by tactical support, adhering to industry standards and best practice, Jigsaw Business Group assisted Jaguar Land Rover with a smooth and successful launch.
- Jaguar Land Rover required tactical support with a product launch. The company was looking for a trusted specialist to assist with the deployment of a new sequencing methodology used by the new wiring loom.
Why Jigsaw Business Group
- A proven track record with a team possessing real industry experience with empathy to support businesses accordingly understanding individual pain points;
- Unrivalled sector knowledge and technical expertise with an ability to look at things from a fresh perspective to deliver process driven solutions that help businesses to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and streamline business operations;
- A progressive company delivering premium level support services working in strict adherence with robust in-house best practices in accordance with all industry standards.
- To accommodate with the scope of the project Jigsaw Business Group joined forces with its JV partners Quantum;
- The company’s practitioners deployed its leading skills in JIT/JIS, problem solving, programme management and NPD/NPI, as well as best practice usage of packaging standards;
- An analysis was undertaken of the ‘current state’ of Jaguar Land Rover’s internal departments, its logistics partners and supply chain;
- Jigsaw Business Group overseen the design of a ‘required state’, based on best practice from leading industries, to ensure a smooth launch of the new sequencing method;
- The company supported with development, implementation and project management of the gap closure activities;
- Support was provided by Jigsaw Business Group with project management of the first deployment of the new system into Halewood.
Through deploying its specialist business improvement, supply chain and training and development services – and providing the board with continuous full transparency on the state of the project – Jigsaw Business Group supported Jaguar Land Rover to:
- Enable the board to benchmark its readiness against other OEMs using similar products;
- Successfully introduce easy and robust measurement tools to help the plant managers improve build capabilities;
- Introduce improvements to the assessment of supply capacity and capabilities using simple-to use tools;
- Deliver a design for a Best in Class sequencing centre for future Jaguar Land Rover plants;
- Have a smooth launch of first sequenced product from multiple sources into a single plant.