Jigsaw were asked by Sass & Belle to redesign and deploy a new concept for their online retail and distribution centre.
- The client’s operation was spread over four separate sites across London
- Space restriction and high inventory hampered growth and Jigsaw were asked to provide expertise for the consolidation, warehouse layout design and move into the new premises.
- Stock optimisation needed to be part of the footprint change
Why Jigsaw Business Group
- A progressive company delivering premium level support services working in strict adherence with robust in-house best practices in accordance with all industry standards.
- A proven track record with a team possessing real industry experience with empathy to support businesses accordingly understanding individual pain points;
Jigsaw provided 3 subject matter experts working to:
- analyse current stock and create a ‘Plan for every part to reduce it to a level that would fit in the new premises.
- End-to-end assessment of the operation, footprint and supply chain
- Map out Current State and development of Future State in strict adherence to budget restrictions
- Lean deployment, removal of system wastes
- Design and implement plan to consolidate and move seamlessly without impacting the day-to-day business
- Develop options for Best-in-Class layout design to maximise storage and operational area
- Evaluate operational processes and propose improvements in both process and manning levels.
- Provide a new dunnage reclaim process
- The business was consolidated and moved, becoming fully operational out of the new Heathrow combined warehouse and distribution centre within 6 months, on-time and under budget
- New layout capable of storing the reduced stock, elimination the need for auxiliary storage
- Stock optimised by 1500 pallets position
- Dunnage reclaim saves ~£20k per annum
- Operational and business culture change